Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Office of Intergovernmental Relations


As of yesterday, I have been interning at the Office of Intergovernmental Relations for two weeks. How time flies! The first day is always the scariest, but since I have been here Leah, Heather, and Kurt have been nothing but wonderful. On my first day, Leah gave me an introduction of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and I was astounded by wide array of issues the department covers as well as the amount of work they tackle on a day-to-day bases. 

The mission of the Office of Intergovernmental Relations "is to build, foster, maintain, and facilitate meaningful and strategic relationships on behalf of the Town both internally and with local, regional, state and federal organizations, agencies, groups, and individuals". Meaning they represent and promote the concerns of the Town of Gilbert by building and sustaining cooperative partnerships with other public, private, and nonprofit organizations. They work closely with the Mayor and Town Council on public policy and other legislative matters that concern the public safety and well being for the citizens of Gilbert. 

As I mentioned before, Leah, Heather, and Kurt have all been an absolute gem to work with. I can see that I will have much to learn from them during the course of my internship.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I'm sure you will see many different issues that the city deals with in that department. Hopefully you can post some of the big topics that Intergovernmental Relations is dealing with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete