Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Trip to Vancouver


This probably doesn’t have to do with anything about my internship, but since this is a “free write” entry, I thought I would write about my weekend in Vancouver. This past summer I interned at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian. My roommate was this fantastic girl named Reka, who interning at the conservation department at NMAI. We immediately hit it off and had so many things in common despite the language and sometimes cultural barriers. After her internship in Washington DC, she moved to Vancouver, Canada to start another internship in the same department at the Museum of Anthropology. So, I promised her that I would come visit her in October and have a great time soaking in all the sites of the city. We went to Stanley Park, Granville Island, Downtown/China town/, and the waterfront. Check out the pictures I took. 


















3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a great trip in Vancouver! I hope I can visit Vancouver one day in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vancouver looks beautiful! I will get you info on who to contact at the Capitol Museum next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vancouver looks beautiful. Hopefully I can get the opportunity to visit. The food also looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete